|Katie (tajasel) wrote,|
@ 1987-08-04 12:05 am UTC
I rant. Long sentences, fuming, lots of capital letters, and so on. I get quite animated, both in person and online.
2. How should I behave around you if you're angry?
Listen to me rant, offer hugs, offer solutions to the actual problem. If you don't know what to say, that's fine, just listening is good.
3. How do you want me to behave when you are hurting emotionally? How is it best to comfort you?
Hugs, snuggles and cuddles. Affection is like oxygen to me. Don't say "I'm sorry" unless you're the reason I'm upset, and even then only if you're truly sorry, and don't expect me to say "it's okay" - if it were then I probably wouldn't be upset!
4. Are there things we should not discuss?
No, as long as you listen to my opinions and argue fairly. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, that's what makes the world interesting.
5. How should I treat you when you are ill?
I very rarely get properly ill, but I'm often run down with a common cold or similar. I have a fairly well managed case of ME/CFS, which kicks my ass with fatigue and joint pain occasionally - solved best with hot water bottles, ibuprofen and quiet time. (Vaguely related: I also have asthma which is medicated with inhalers, and a latex allergy, and I have issues with concentration that's possibly ADHD-related sometimes, but I haven't had a diagnosis on this since childhood.)
6. What makes you happy that's in my power to grant you?
Good coffee, time to sit down and read, cuddles, nice food, affection.
7. How would you like us to recognise your birthday?
I'm not a fan of cards, but I like new shiny things; who doesn't? Have a wishlist link. (My birthday is August 4th.)
8. Are there any standing categories of presents that would be appropriate or unwelcome?
Appropriate: coffee (especially nutty and chocolatey blends), Amazon and Lush giftcards, rolls of interesting 35mm film.
Unwelcome: actual chocolate, flowers.
9. Are there times of the year that are difficult for you? Please explain if you are comfortable.
March 1st is the anniversary of my stepfather's death; I also dislike the fuss made around father's day for obvious reasons.
10. Are there important anniversaries in your life?
Other than the one mentioned in the previous question, nope.
11. How do I cater for you if you are visiting me?
Fruit, vegetables, fish, lean meat/poultry, eggs, pasta, potatoes, grains, beans. Semi-skimmed milk, diet soda, coffee. I can provide 1kcal spray for dry-frying food.
12. If I want to contact you, how should I do it?
My offline contact details are filtered; my IM details are on my profile page.