- Marmite - love or hate?
- Marmalade - thick cut or thin cut?
- Porridge - made with milk or water?
- Do you like salt, sugar or honey on your porridge?
…I'm a monster who eats the Oat So Simple flavoured stuff, actually. But if I were eating actual porridge, the tiniest amount of stevia, or failing that, sugar.
- Loose tea or teabags?
- Where on your door is your letterbox?
- What's your favourite curry?
- What age is the place where you live?
There was a Roman fort here named Mancunium in 79AD. They're still working on building it…
Stockport is about a millennium newer but I don't have an attempt at a funny comment about that.
- Where do the folks running your local corner shop come from?
I haven't ever thought to ask, but I know the guy who owns it has done longer than I've been alive (although his son runs it now) - so wherever he came from originally, he comes from here, now, I should think.
- Instant or fresh coffee?
Fresh. What kind of heathen would ask such a thing in a world where AeroPress exists?!
- How far are you from the sea?
About 50 miles away - Brighton-le-Sands in Merseyside.
- Have you travelled via Eurostar?
- If you were going to travel abroad, where's the nearest country to you?
Probably the Republic of Ireland.
- If you're female (or possible even some males) do you carry a handbag?
No, not really. Usually bicycle luggage, a rucksack, a messenger bag, or a small shoulder bag though. They're all either too bike, too big, or too small to be considered a handbag.
- Do you have a garden? What do you like growing?
Yes, but I don't grow anything, that's my brother's domain. His tomatoes are yummy, though.
- Full cream, semi skimmed or skimmed?
The 1% stuff.
- Which London terminal would you travel into if going to the capital?
- Is there a local greasy spoon where you live?
- Do you keep Euros in the house?
Only because I acquired them for the first few days of living in Finland, and haven't done anything else with them, just in case I'm able to rearrange.
- Do you have a well known local artist or author?
LS Lowry was from Salford, which isn't far away - and he frequently painted Stockport into his images.
- Do you have a favourite Corrie character?
Norris cracks me up, but I don't actively watch it, I just see bits of it when mum's watching it…
- Are your kitchen sink taps separate or a mixer?
- Do you have a favourite brand of blended tea?
- What's in your attic if you have one?
- If you go out for a cream tea, what jam do you like on your scone?
- Talking of scones- scon or scown? Jam or cream first?
Scown, and jam first.
- Barth or bath?
- Carstle or castle?
- What flavour of crisps do you favour?
Cheese and onion.
- If you go to the chippie, what do you like with your chips?
I haven't for years and years, but I used to have that smoked sausage I can never remember the name of. Now I'm vegetarian, so… I don't know? That said, there's a lovely café near work which does proper chippy chips and "vegetarian fish" (aka deep fried halloumi) and omgdelicious.
- Take away, take out or carry out?
- If you have one, what colour is your wheelie bin?
We have several - black for rubbish, green for compost, blue for paper/card, and brown for tins/glass.
- What colour skips does your local skip hire use?
Yellow? I've never really paid attention.
- Do you celebrate Guy Fawkes?
I like fireworks and cinder toffee. Whilst I appreciate the tale of Guy Fawkes refusing to incriminate his co-conspirators, I'm less keen on the fact that he tried to blow people up in the first place. Still: fireworks are pretty!
- Dettol or TCP?
ASDA own brand…
- Do you have a bidet in the bathroom?
- Do you prefer courgettes or aubergines?
- In the 'real world', do you have friends of other nationalities? Which nationalities?
Yes - German, American, Italian, Irish (not Northern).
- Do you have a holy book of any sort in the house?
- I think my mum still keeps my stepdad's childhood Bible; even though he was a staunch atheist, he was very attached to it.
- Do you prefer a hankie or tissues?
- Are you a fan of crumpets? What do you like on them?
Yes. Margarine/soya spread/something.
- Doorbell, knocker or both?
We have a doorbell. Most people ignore it, and either knock or just walk straight in.
- Do you own a car? What sort?
No. I have a steel touring bike with racy wheels.
- Anyone still a fan of suspenders?
- Do you have a favourite quote from the bard?
- Do you like toasted muffins?
…see, I think of muffins as being dessert, so HELL NO. I like toasted Lancashire oven bottoms though. Stop giggling at the back.
- Do you think a traditional trifle should contain jelly?
- Do you attend regular religious worship? Of what kind?
No. I used to begrudgingly show my face at the Midnight Christmas Eve carol service but I haven't been for a few years, and now they're trying to sell our nearest church to turn into flats or something.